When customers ask what our best multifunction printer is, I can think of a number of great machines, but the one that fits most peoples’ needs is the Sharp MX-M264N. The reason why I recommend the Sharp MX-M264N as the best multifunction printer is because of its combination of performance and features.
Clocking in at 26 pages per minute, it’s hard to find a faster machine in this product category. Its heavy duty feeder allows you to make 100 double-sided prints, and comes standard with two large trays that accommodate 11×17 paper.
Another reason why the Sharp MX-M264N is the best multifunction printer is because of how reliable it is, particularly if you’re making less than 8000 copies a month. We have found through experience that the Sharp MX-M264N doesn’t require nearly as many repairs or maintenance as other units.
We would be remiss not to mention the one feature everyone is sure to appreciate — the price! The Sharp MX-M264N is very well priced compared to other multifunction units. In fact, it is so well priced that you can lease one of these machines for less than 100 dollars a month.
If you’re a light-to-moderate user, meaning you’re making around 1000 copies per month, then you can lease a Sharp MX-M264N, along with an all inclusive service contract, for around 100 dollars a month. That’s a tough deal to beat.
How to Find the Best Multifunction Printer For Your Needs
If you’re looking for the best multifunction printer to suit your needs, whether it’s the Sharp MX-M264N or another machine, there are some key features you’re going to want to look for.
The following features come standard on every multifunction machine we carry, so you can’t go wrong when you’re buying from us.
- Heavy duty feeder: This is important if you routinely make a lot of copies at once, or if you do a lot of scanning.
- Automatic two-sided copies: You’re going to want to look for the ability to make two-sided original copies. That means you can just put a stack of double sided sheets in the feeder and the machine will scan both sides for you automatically.
- Adjustable drawers (up to 11×17): These automatically tell the machine what size paper you have according to how you have adjusted the drawers.
- A machine that accepts dry powder toner: Liquid toner is both lower quality and more expensive than powder toner.
- Automatic sorting: You want the machine to automatically sort for you. For example, if you have a 5 page booklet you want to make multiple copies of, the machine will automatically sort the pages into booklets for you.
When looking for the best multifunction printer for your daily needs, you can’t make a bad choice as long as the machine you choose has all of the above listed features.
If you have any questions, or would like to recommend another machine as the best multifunction printer, please leave a comment below.